RE: one file being relinked in wrong ORACLE_HOME

From: Guy Hammond <guy.hammond_at_avt.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 09:00:45 -0700

As far as I know, this should be fine, if they're in two different ORACLE_HOMEs, owned by two different users, etc, have their listeners running on different ports, etc, there no reason for one ORACLE_HOME to even be aware of the other (i.e. it wouldn't even need read permission on its directory). You would just need to ensure that the two were fully segregated.

Of course, I could be wrong, the closest I've come to this would be 8.1.5 and 8.1.6 on the same machine, but Unix theory suggests that it is so.

Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2001 3:16 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

i didnt think you could have 2 oracle homes with that low of a verison difference, i thought the lowest was x.x.x anything below that couldnt have different oracle homes, am i wrong here?

joe

--
Joe Testa
Performing Remote DBA Services, need some backup DBA support?
Author: Joe Testa
  INET: teci_at_the-testas.net

Author: Guy Hammond
  INET: guy.hammond_at_avt.co.uk