Re: creating the database from another

From: Bunyamin K. Karadeniz <bunyamink_at_havelsan.com.tr>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 06:52:12 -0700

Thank you Thomas .

<BLOCKQUOTE

Bunyamin

<SPAN
class=375495711-28082001>There are two ways to do this.
<SPAN
class=375495711-28082001>
The
easiest way is to re-create the control files like I told you in the last
email.  Before you run the sql script, be sure and edit it to change the
location of all of the data files from the E to the D
drive.
<SPAN
class=375495711-28082001>
As
far as the "reuse" command, you can ignore it.  If you are going to
re-create the control files, you do not have to copy them from the
SourceDB to the TargetDB as you will be creating them
fresh.
<SPAN
class=375495711-28082001>
The
second way to do this is to copy everything as I told you, and create the
Oracle service.
Get
into svrmgrl and issue a Startup Mount command.
Then
issue "Alter Database Rename File 'E:filename' to 'D:filename" for each and
every datafile in your database (Redo Logs, and all
Tablespaces).
<SPAN
class=375495711-28082001>After you have done this, you should be able to issue
an Alter Database Open command, and  you should be all
set.
<SPAN
class=375495711-28082001>
Good
Luck!

Tom Mercadante <FONT face=Arial
size=2>Oracle Certified Professional

<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Bunyamin K. Karadeniz
[mailto:bunyamink_at_havelsan.com.tr]Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2001
3:45 AMTo: Multiple recipients of list
ORACLE-LSubject: RE: creating the database from
another
Ok Thomas ,
thank you but another question rises here for
me.
        The drive
of soucedb is E but my targetdb will be on D drive. How will I manager that
?
         And
in the control file backup , there is "reuse" keyword . will I neglect
it?

Thank you
<FONT face=Arial

size=2>Bunyamin Received on Tue Aug 28 2001 - 08:52:12 CDT