RE: system trivia (groove/programming): DOS prompt/etc and choppy

From: Mark Leith <mark_at_cool-tools.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 01:16:23 -0700

We use
Nero here,  and have no complaints with it.
<SPAN

class=773560608-28082001>
One
thing to bear in mind - do you have any conflicts with your IRQ settings? If you are on Win2K, then you can go to admin tools / Computer Management - and take a look in the <System Information / Hardware Resources / Conflicts/Sharing> tree, it should tell you there. There is also a folder for IRQs, which will tell you what IRQ each component is set to.
<SPAN

class=773560608-28082001>
If not
on Win2K then you can look at your IRQ settings within your BIOS set-up, usually within PNP Configuration I think - but don't hold me to that :P

<SPAN

class=773560608-28082001>
What
is the set up you are having problems with Ep?
<SPAN

class=773560608-28082001>
<SPAN

class=773560608-28082001>Mark
<SPAN

class=773560608-28082001><FONT color=#0000ff face=Arial>
<SPAN

class=773560608-28082001> -----Original Message-----From: root_at_fatcity.com [mailto:root_at_fatcity.com]On Behalf Of Kevin KostyszynSent: Monday, August 27, 2001 17:51To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-LSubject: RE: system trivia (groove/programming): DOS prompt/etc and choppy

  We
  use a Plextor at my office and I run Veritas Backup Exec, surf the internet or   any other programs and have never had a problem.  Very impressive   burner.  Now my one at home is being a big pain in the arse because it   doesn't want to operate at it's maximum transfer speed.  very   troubling...

    <FONT face=Tahoma
    size=2>-----Original Message-----From: root_at_fatcity.com     [mailto:root_at_fatcity.com]On Behalf Of Kimberly SmithSent:     Monday, August 27, 2001 12:06 PMTo: Multiple recipients of list     ORACLE-LSubject: RE: system trivia (groove/programming): DOS     prompt/etc and choppy
    don't think its memory related at all.  I have more then enough for     what I do and it does
    <FONT color=#0000ff face=Arial
    size=2>the same thing.  That being said, before I cut a music CD it     even tells me not to launch
    <FONT color=#0000ff face=Arial
    size=2>any other applications as it is a "sensitive operation".  I have     been snared where I was
    <FONT color=#0000ff face=Arial
    size=2>making a mp3 and I launched an application and now there is a dead     spot in the song.

      <FONT face=Tahoma
      size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Koivu, Lisa
      [mailto:lisa.koivu_at_efairfield.com]Sent: Monday, August 27, 2001
      7:11 AMTo: Multiple recipients of list
      ORACLE-LSubject: OT: system trivia (groove/programming): DOS
      prompt/etc and choppy
      Really?  I thought it was
      only because my personal pc has so little memory.   I run into
      that behavior with explorer and playing mp3's at the same time.  This
      also becomes a problem when burning a cd or changing formats, and even
      though I leave it alone, sometimes it ends up a bit garbled.
      How much memory do you have,
      EP?  If I remember right you are the gamer and bought the big huge
      system for the pc games?