CLUSTER_LISTENER !!!!!

From: Jackson Dumas <tjaros_at_webmail.co.za>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 06:59:59 -0700

Hi everyone

I recently had a strange behaviour on the on database, I have donbe that on several occasions but nothing of the sort ever happened, maybe it's because I am not that familiar with databases on cluster machines.
This is HP-UX.

We had to replace a disk in one of that machine, machineA, which is not a cluster, but a normal K-class. I had stopped the database and listener on machineA and then the disk was replaced. When I connected to the machine after being bounced and did lsnrctl stat, I found that there is listener which is up for machineB. There is a database link for databaseA on machineA and databaseB on machineB. These boxes, machines are physical far away fro each other, location-wise, the other one si in town A and the other in TownB. Now, remember I am still working on machineA, when I stopped the listener on machineA, the listener on machineB is also stopped. What's that now ? I called one of my colleagues to come and witness this with me, he couldn't believe also, now can somebody please explain to me what this behaviour is all about, it's quite stranger to me ?

Please do respond I might need to explain this as both databases are productions ?

Mtabaruka

 http://www.webmail.co.za the South-African free email service

Author: Jackson Dumas
  INET: tjaros_at_webmail.co.za
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Sat Aug 25 2001 - 08:59:59 CDT