Coldfusion and Oracle Date Fields

From: Belinda Taylor <btaylor3_at_gmu.edu>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 05:44:38 -0700

Here is a strange problem. We recently upgraded our Coldfusion Server from 4.0 to 4.5. Under 4.0, CF used the date format from Oracle and we had no problems; however, since upgrading to 4.5, the problem is that insert and update of date fields from CF are correct (we verified using SQL*PLUS); however, regardless of the time, CF only shows 12:00 AM, the time could be 01:10 PM and yet it still returns 12:00 AM. Anyone have any ideas on how to rectify this? yes, if we select each individual date field and perform a TO_CHAR and display the resulting value, it shows correctly; however, I don't understand why now we have to do this when before we did not. We are talking about an application with ALOT of date fields. If anyone can provide some guidance, I sure would appreciate it. Received on Thu Aug 23 2001 - 07:44:38 CDT