RE: linux & Oracle -- best combination

From: Christopher Spence <cspence_at_FuelSpot.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 06:47:15 -0700

Yeah, the other thing, 6000 files which consist of 500Mb is about 10x slower to download than 1 file which is 600Mb

The TCP protocol, ramps, which means, it gets up to speed within the first few seconds of delivery, when your downloading many small files, your bandwidth is cut down by 10 fold if not more.

"Do not criticize someone until you walked a mile in their shoes, that way when you criticize them, you are a mile a way and have their shoes."

Christopher R. Spence
Oracle DBA
Phone: (978) 322-5744
Fax: (707) 885-2275

Fuelspot
73 Princeton Street
North, Chelmsford 01863

Author: Joe Testa
  INET: teci_at_the-testas.net

command for other information (like subscribing).
Author: Grabowy, Chris
  INET: cgrabowy_at_fcg.com

command for other information (like subscribing).
Author: Christopher Spence
  INET: cspence_at_FuelSpot.com