RE: Q about Oracle Optimizer

From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj_at_hds.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 17:05:24 -0700

Hi all,

Although it is a little late in this thread, keep in mind that 'STATISTICS=ESTIMATE' kicks in by default for export. This could also have affected the final outcome, i.e. CHOOSE with incorrect stats isn't exactly the right combination for the best performance ;-)

IMHO, this gotcha has caught out a lot of DBAs - even experienced ones...

John Kanagaraj

http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp

Author: Mohammad Rafiq
  INET: rafiq9857_at_hotmail.com