RMAN Copies

From: Stephen Andert <StephenAndert_at_firsthealth.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 13:41:21 -0700

Hello,

We are in the process of learning and implementing RMAN.  We are also in the process of implementing BCP (Business Continuity Planning).  We have a BCP machine with enough disk space to do a restore of our "production-critical" databases.  I need to be able to make a copy of the RMAN backup from one location, make a copy and overnight the tapes to our BCP location.  The problem I have is that we are multi-plexing the backups of several databases and I need to make a copy on to one set of tapes of just 1 database.

PLEASE tell me there is an easy way to do this!!!  I looked in the Oracle8i Recovery Manager User's Guide and Reference and found duplexing, but that will require more tape drives than we currently have available as well as some additional configuration of NetBackup that our Tape Operators are hesitant to undertake.

Thanks for any pointers, tips,
suggestions, etc.

Stephen Andert