oracle 8i and mts problem

From: daniel szabo <iwo_at_bgcom.hu>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 12:48:13 -0700

Hello there, Oracle users!I am new here, as new to the Oracle technology. We are developping a =software which must be transaction compliant, and we're on microsoft =platform, and thatswy we're using sql2000 and microsoft transaction =server for our application server components.=20But one of our clients wants to use oracle 8i db as the resource =manager. We had to make the proper work mts with oracle. I red all of =the oracle documentation within this topic, and i successfully installed
=the Oracle Services for MTS on our development machine at the workplace.
=(created the mts_proxy_info table, granted the specific roles to a
=specific db user, the specific privileges, the xa views, and so on), and
=it is working nicely, the log says "accepting new enlistment request",
=everything is wonderful.But at the client, i repeated all of the
steps (the only difference is, =that they have the server on a HP-UX machine instead of winnt), and when =i wanted to start the oracle services for MTS on the Application server, =the log says this: "incorrect password, or username". I really don't =undestand it, because i can connect through the OLEDB driver with the =specified username, password and Service name.=20If anybody had an idea i would be very happythanks in advance,daniel szabo Received on Tue Aug 21 2001 - 14:48:13 CDT