RE: OT: DBA tasks..turning into Tivo.

From: Koivu, Lisa <lisa.koivu_at_efairfield.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 11:16:58 -0700

Zapped card that allows you to get EVERY channel, and the adapter that stops DirecTV from zapping your card to nothing (in other words, they caught you).  Then you have to get another card from DirecTV or buy it from someone.

I'm kinda glad we don't have it.  Though I'd love to be able to watch Minneapolis TV again (and the Vikings without buying the NFL Sunday Ticket), I saw it at a friend's house and all he did was flip through 5 channels of nothing but porno.  Thanks but no thanks!

It also tries to record movies on channels we don't even get.  Sometimes it does some really stupid things.  Plus my husband recorded one fishing program - a week later it had recorded over 30 "outdoors" type programs.  It basically went crazy.  We had to laugh! -----Original Message-----

From: Koivu, Lisa [mailto:lisa.koivu_at_efairfield.com] Sent: Monday, August 20, 2001 2:22 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L Subject: RE: OT: DBA tasks

Nope, not yet.  When (and if) that happens, the advertising companies and networks are going to scream bloody murder.

However, you can turn on a program, wait 10 minutes, and then watch the entire thing fast-forwarding thru all commercials.  Super slick.  by far the coolest toy I have ever owned...  even though I opted not to purchase the stripped card and adapter.

AJ