MetaLink will be brought down for hardware upgrade.

From: Paul Drake <paled_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 14:18:37 -0700

<snip>

MetaLink Hardware to be Upgraded:

Date: August 25th, 2001
Time: 4:00 PM Mountain Daylight Time (GMT-time used: Saturday August 25, 2001 at 10:00:00 PM)
Duration: Approximately 6 hours.

On Saturday the 25th of August, we will be introducing additional hardware into the MetaLink structure. In order to accommodate this upgrade, all access to MetaLink will be halted for approximately 6 hours. This outage will impact all users globally and therefore, it will be necessary for you to call your local support center with any new technical requests.

In these times of increasing customer demand, our goals include exceeding high performance standards and maintaining trouble free operation. We are confident that this change will proactively help us ensure the best service possible.

We apologize for this inconvenience and thank you in advance for your patience.

Thank you!
The MetaLink Team

</snip>

Hi.

looks like they're waiting for the bars to close before bringing down the servers. :)

have a good weekend.

Paul

Author: Paul Drake
  INET: paled_at_home.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Aug 17 2001 - 16:18:37 CDT