Re: Delete followed by Select Count(1) - SLOW

From: yong huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 13:21:33 -0700

I remember in slightly older versions of Oracle, delayed_logging_block_cleanouts is by default true, so redo won't be written immediately at block cleanout. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yong Huang
yong321_at_yahoo.com

Jonathan Lewis wrote:

bear in mind that a scan after deleting 100,000 rows would probably be doing a lot of
delayed block cleanout - resulting in plenty of redo log, and possibly a lot of dbwr activity.

Jonathan Lewis

Do You Yahoo!?
Make international calls for as low as $.04/minute with Yahoo! Messenger http://phonecard.yahoo.com/

Author: yong huang
  INET: yong321_at_yahoo.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Aug 17 2001 - 15:21:33 CDT