RE: Comment on 'Practical Oracle 8i'

From: <tday6_at_csc.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 06:29:39 -0700

LOL A neighbor of mine had an original IBM PC, 64K RAM, 160Kbyte single-sided floppy, and the cassette port on the back so you could hook up a cassette recorder/play for data storage and retrieval, BASIC on EPROM. He wondered if the Smithsonian was interested. An old college classmate happened to be in charge of technology acquisitions for the Smithsonian so I gave him a call. He said that that was nice and maybe my neighbor could find a museum home for it elsewhere but that the Smithsonian already had 6 of them and was not interested.

If your friend can find a place that will accept it he might be able to take a tax deduction for the donation but I doubt if anyone will actually PAY for it.

                    Christopher

                    Spence               To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

                    <cspence_at_Fuel        <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>

                    Spot.com>            cc:

                    Sent by:             Subject:     RE: Comment on 'Practical Oracle
8i'
                    root_at_fatcity.

                    com

                    08/17/2001

                    09:31 AM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    ORACLE-L

A friend of mine has an IBM XT with a 3 digit serial number. He has been saving it for it to be bought from him for big money for a musuem

"Do not criticize someone until you walked a mile in their shoes, that way when you criticize them, you are a mile a way and have their shoes."

Christopher R. Spence
Oracle DBA
Phone: (978) 322-5744
Fax:    (707) 885-2275

Fuelspot
73 Princeton Street
North, Chelmsford 01863

Author:  Gogala, Mladen
  INET: MGogala_at_oxhp.com

Fat City Network  Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858) 538-5051
San  Diego, California        -- Public Internet  access / Mailing  Lists
to:  ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in
the message  BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L
(or the name of mailing  list you want to be removed from).  You may
also send the HELP command  for other information (like  subscribing).

  INET: tday6_at_csc.com