Performance Problem...

From: Richard Huntley <rhuntley_at_mindleaders.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 13:49:23 -0700

While stress testing a batch report created using a Java Servlet against 8.1.5 on Solaris 2.6,
initially a large report was taking 1 hour and 20 minutes. After performing a trace on the application,
I discovered that no database activity was occurring at all, which was also evident by the cpu being idle.
After a quick/dirty redesign of the application, the report now runs in 9 minutes or less, however, if one
report is run and it takes 9 minutes...the exact same report can be kicked off minutes later and is still
running after 27 minutes. We stopped and restarted JRUN, had no effect and then bounced the database
and the report took 6 minutes. Any ideas on what might causing this and what I might be able to check?

TIA,
Rich

Author: Richard Huntley
  INET: rhuntley_at_mindleaders.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Aug 16 2001 - 15:49:23 CDT