Help scheduling Hot Backup on NT...

From: Denmark Weatherburne <denmark_weatherburne_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 10:31:47 -0700

Hi DBA's,

I need your help. I know that I could have got this running with no problems in the Solaris environment.
However, I'm working in an NT 4.0 environment with Oracle 8.0.5 in ARCHIVELOG Mode. BTW, is Oracle 8.0.5 still supported? I've set up a batch file that connects to SQL*Plus and runs an SQL script which runs a Hot Backup of a remote Oracle 8.0.5 database to a NAS drive on the LAN. Everything works fine when I double-click the batch file. Now I'm trying to schedule this batch process from my workstation and from another NT Server. I've tried the AT command and WINAT.exe but nothing runs at the scheduled time. I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this problem because I don't know where errors are logged.
I have other batch jobs scheduled in Winat.exe as well which execute fine. They access a remote SQL Server.

I would appreciate any advice. Perhaps someone has been down this path before. Perhaps there is a better tool.
Does any one know of tools available for running Unix on NT besides MKS Unix. Preferably a shareware tool.

Thanks in advance,

Denmark Weatherburne

"Knowledge is power, but it is only useful if it is shared!"

Author: Denmark Weatherburne
  INET: denmark_weatherburne_at_hotmail.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Aug 16 2001 - 12:31:47 CDT