OEM index suggestion ???

From: Andrea Oracle <andreaoracle_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 08:40:10 -0700

Hi all,

I run the OEM Oracle Expert for index tuning. It generates a script shows that some indexes should be dropped ,and some should be built. Should I follow what OEM suggests? How accurate OEM is and is there an easy way to verify whether OEM's suggestion is corret?

For example,(and this is only one example, please don't limit your suggestion on this) OEM suggests to bulid index on table1 using col1 and col2. I tried to find a query search using col1&2 on T1, but didn't find any. (Where did OEM get the idea?) And for the index it proposes to drop, we do have some query using it.

Thank you!

Andrea

Do You Yahoo!?
Make international calls for as low as $.04/minute with Yahoo! Messenger http://phonecard.yahoo.com/

Author: Andrea Oracle
  INET: andreaoracle_at_yahoo.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Aug 14 2001 - 10:40:10 CDT