Re: closing DB on NT with a scheduled BATCH FILE

From: Bunyamin K. Karadeniz <bunyamink_at_havelsan.com.tr>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 23:34:20 -0700

Hi  &#304;hoska ,
I am sorry to read your reply.
Firstly Not a silly question.
Yes I am sure batch file runs because I can run it directly correctly. Yes I create log file. I investigate task manager if svrmgrl runs and look at v$session and it connects .
 So not a silly question as you see. Only thing is you do not understand the problem perhaps.

<BLOCKQUOTE

<SPAN
class=374293516-08082001>silly question.
Are
you sure your batch file runs?  Do you create logs?  If so, did you
check if log was created?
How
do you know it connects.
have similar batch files.  They run either way with no
problems.

<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Bunyamin K. Karadeniz [<A
href="mailto:bunyamink_at_havelsan.com.tr">mailto:bunyamink_at_havelsan.com.tr]Sent:
Wednesday, August 08, 2001 9:15 AMTo: Multiple recipients of list
ORACLE-LSubject: closing DB on NT with a scheduled BATCH
FILE
Dear Gurus , I have a question , In fact I
wonder if it is a bug of NT .

I want to close and reopen database with a .BAT
file .
 When I execute the .bat file
directly it executes correctly . But When I execute it with a schedule with
AT command then it connects but does not close database.

How can I handle That. ?
What do you do when you want to schedule
startups and shutdowns of database on NT?

Thank you