RE: Optimizer Mode......how to choose the right one?

From: Kathy Duret <KathyD_at_belkin.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 08:45:34 -0700

  1. How often do you rebuild your indexes?
  2. What does your utlb and utle report say?
  3. Have you done any explain plans or tkprofs on your sql code? Sql may not be using indexes.
  4. Try using a hint of rule on your sql code to see if it runs better that way
  5. Do you have a lot of chaining going on.
  6. Do you have enough rollback segments and are they sized right
  7. what are the size of your redo logs and how often are you check pointing?
  8. Do you have auditing turned on.? A lot of tracing going on?

Best would be to run utlb and utle reports. I would send you to www.perfmon.com to get a quick analysis but this site has been under construction for several days and I don't know of another site that will analyze this reports.

Someone else may know of another site that analyzes utlb/utle reports.

kathy

Author: Veronica Levin
  INET: vlevin_at_victoria.com.ni