Re: 8.1.5/HP-UX 11/all_objects view

From: Joe Testa <teci_at_the-testas.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2001 17:41:56 -0700

ok unless i'm missing something here(which i could be, as i'm battling installing a stupid printer under linux but thats another story).

all_objects shows all objects you own or have access to.

all_synonyms show all synonyms you own AND all public synonyms.

so if you there is a public synonym on an object you dont have access to it won't appear in all_objects but will appear in all_synonyms.

Anyone care to straighten me out, or did i get it right :)

joe

--
Joe Testa
Performing Remote DBA Services, need some backup DBA support?
Author: Joe Testa
  INET: teci_at_the-testas.net