Re: ORA-00600 on Production DB - Need advice/Still Searching

From: <DBarbour_at_austin.isd.tenet.edu>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2001 11:52:34 -0700

Denny/Kirti,

Thanks for the replies. The bug finder is kinda cool. I'd already been through about one third of the entries it found, but I looked through the rest. No real help. Can't log in to shut down the DB. Whether I try svrmgrl or sqlplus, I get asked for a password or told I have insufficient privileges. There aren't any additional trace files. Here's the output of the ulimit -a command:
qe2n1: /u014/oradata/ifastrn>>/usr/bin/ulimit -a

time(seconds)        unlimited
file(blocks)         unlimited
data(kbytes)         196608
stack(kbytes)        196608
memory(kbytes)       unlimited
coredump(blocks)     4194303

nofiles(descriptors) 2048

kmtune shows me the following:

maxssiz              0X0C000000
maxssiz_64bit       0x0000000040000000
swapmem_on           0
dbc_max_pct          50

Total physical and swap meory (from top) is: Memory: 364536K (264244K) real, 423812K (340152K) virtual, 6453348K free

David A. Barbour
Oracle DBA, OCP
AISD
512-414-1002

                    Denny Koovakattu

                    <denny_vk_at_yahoo.com>              To:
DBarbour_at_austin.isd.tenet.edu
                    Sent by:                          cc:

                    dkoovaka_at_aisdmr1.austin.isd       Subject:     Re: ORA-00600 on
Production DB - Need advice
                    .tenet.edu

                    08/06/2001 12:44 PM

Hi David,

  To get the proper output for ulimit, use

  /usr/bin/ulimit -a

or
  sh ulimit -a

Also the following information should help in trying to debug the problem.

  1. Total Physical Memory
  2. Total Disk Swap Configured
  3. The output of kmtune or the kernel parameters maxdsiz, maxdsiz_64bit, swapmem_on, dbc_max_pct
  4. The output of ulimit (Use /usr/bin/ulimit -a )

  Have you tried restarting the database ?

Regards,
Denny

DBarbour_at_austin.isd.tenet.edu wrote:

> Mondays, gotta love em, they make Fridays worth the wait. I've got Ta
> production database (8.1.7, HP-UX 11.0 - 64 bit) that started throwing an
> ora-600 when users try to log in. I've created a TAR (3 hours ago), but
> haven't gotten any response. Here's the error:
>
> ERROR:
> ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [kzckini: nzdsi_i], [28750],
[],
> [],
> [], [], [], [
>
> Metalink has a couple of messages stating that this is an OS problem
> related to the ulimit size, availability of virtual memory, and the
ability
> to create a pga. Suggested remedy is to increase the ulimit. My SA has
> dismissed this as a cause. I've knocked all the users off, but still
can't
> log in. When I run ulimit I get the following:
> qe2n1: /u001/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/dbs>>ulimit
> 4194303
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> David A. Barbour
> Oracle DBA, OCP