RE: ORA-00600 on Production DB - Need advice

From: Unal Bilisim <danisment.unal_at_unal-bilisim.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2001 11:49:50 -0700

Thank you Kirti,

I saw some incorrect usages of iOraBugFinder. So, I added more explanation to iOraBugFinder page.

in fact, I wasn't going to analyze alert.log. because alert.log doesn't include detailed information. If alert.log is uploaded, it should be uploaded with Bug depth of 0. Bug depth of 0 is least selective. to narrow down returned bugs, select highest level bug depth and upload trace files instead of alert.log. Decrease Bug depth until you find your bug.

Number of returned bugs depends on bugs status and your database support licence with Oracle. If bugs are not published or you don't have database support licence, you can not see the bugs. In this case, it's recommended sending iOraBugFinder results to your support services. This may reduce your response time from support. Some of Oracle support services have started to use iOraBugFinder. If you don't want to lose time on support, upload yourself first. if you can not find your bug, send iOraBugFinder results to support. iOraBugFinder has capability of sending emails.

I'm planing some other web based db utils. if you have a product advice, don't hesitate to email me.

Author: Danisment Gazi Unal (Unal Bilisim)
  INET: danisment.unal_at_unal-bilisim.com