RE: Management server??

From: Boivin, Patrice J <BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2001 17:16:10 -0700

Oracle techs constantly encouraged me to upgrade the Oracle agents, I can say from experience that it's probably the right thing to do - the newer agents are easier to work with. Post 7.3 that is.

Once you create events or jobs, you should remember whenever you do work on those databases or before you remove them: de-register ALL events and jobs BEFORE you do any work on those target databases. Otherwise you will be stuck with events that say "deregistration failed" and you won't be able to remove them easily.

And the default password for sysman is oem_temp, write that down somewhere because if you choose to rebuild your repository you will have to remember that password...

Before you install the Management Server, I recommend you build an extra tablespace for your repository.

Patrice Boivin
Systems Analyst (Oracle Certified DBA)

        Author: Yosi Greenfield
          INET: yosi_at_comhill.com