RE: OT -- suggestions to ensure nerdiness in potential IT staff

From: Thater, William <ThaterW_at_telergy.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 22:49:22 -0700

On Thu, 2 Aug 2001,Rachel Carmichael scribbled on the wall in glitter crayon:

->Okay, who remembers "Fractured Fairy Tales" and the Professor and his boy
->Sherman?

Ok true story time. i went to work as a forms developer for Xerox Business Systems back in 93 and the first day i got into work i was setting up my star workstation and my PC when the project manager went into the cube next to mine and started giving the programmer there a REAL hard time.

after he left i heard "moose and squrril, moose and squrill, is always moose and squrril!" in a perfect russian accent! i feel off my chair, and the guy came to see if i was alright. turns out he was from bellaruss(sp?) and learned english from watching cartoons.

from then on, if meetings got stupid, we'd look at each other and go "moose and squrril". people left us alone.;-)

--
Bill Thater                     ORACLE DBA
Telergy,Inc.                   thaterw_at_telergy.net

Author: Thater, William
  INET: ThaterW_at_telergy.net