RE: transportable tablespaces

From: Nick Wagner <Nick.Wagner_at_quest.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2001 13:50:46 -0700

Only
if the datafiles are the same between the two systems.  As far as I have been able to test, this only works with Sun and HP.  The datafiles in both cases are the same, and Oracle will not complain about them.  There are probably some caveats.. such as 32 vs. 64 bit, and different versions of oracle not available on different platforms, little endian vs. big endian... and so on.    I don't think it will work with any other unix systems.  You can always give it a try -- let us know.

<SPAN

class=684303720-01082001>
<SPAN

class=684303720-01082001>Nick
<SPAN

class=684303720-01082001>
<FONT face=Tahoma

size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Adams, Matthew (GEA, 088130) [mailto:MATT.ADAMS_at_APPL.GE.COM]Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2001 1:42 PMTo: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-LSubject: transportable tablespaces
do transportable tablespaces work between different OSes?  I wouldn't think so, but I thought I'd ask.