Re: NOARCHIVELOG, ONLINE redolog corrupted - solved

From: Sakthi , Raj <rajan_sakthi_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2001 13:36:41 -0700

Joe ,
I think you are thinking about
ALTER DATABASE CLEAR LOGFILE ;
command . There is some catch to it .
The execrpt from OManual
"
Do not use CLEAR LOGFILE to clear a log needed for media recovery. If it is necessary to clear a log containing redo after the database checkpoint, you must first perform incomplete media recovery. The current redo log of an open thread can be cleared. The current log of a closed thread can be cleared by switching logs in the closed thread.
"
Cheers,
RS

Do You Yahoo!?