RE: View Help

From: Jack C. Applewhite <japplewhite_at_inetprofit.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2001 06:59:30 -0700

Venkata,

Yes.
Create a public variable in a PL/SQL package stored in the database. Reference that public variable in the where clause of your view and populate that variable before you select from the view. Since each session gets its own instantiation of the packaged variable, each session uses a "customized" version of the view. It's a handy technique!

BTW, create the variable with a default value (Null or some "real" value) such that the view will work as desired even if the variable is not explicitly assigned a value.

Jack

Jack C. Applewhite
Database Administrator/Developer
OCP Oracle8 DBA