RE: Listener problems

From: Jacques Kilchoer <Jacques.Kilchoer_at_quest.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 11:16:20 -0700

I posted this question to the list about a week ago. If you go to the archives at http://www.fatcity.com , enter the beta site, search ORACLE-L for messages in 2001 with "Sun Solaris 8 - Listener" in the subject line, you will find the messages related to the subject.

Here's a summary of the discussion from last week. Following that are some suggestions I found on Metalink.

Narender Akula had also asked if we have Oracle 32-bit and Oracle 64-bit versions both running on the same server. Yes we do.

I tried all of the above except using truss. I will experiment with that later. What I did for now to fix the problem: I made the SGA smaller on several of the test databases and the problem went away (it looks like some of the init files were copied over from a production system with no changes. No, I didn't do it, so don't start throwing tomatoes at me.) I'm still not sure why this fixed the problem since ipcs -pmb showed a total of approx. 800MB being used and the machine has 4GB of physical memory.

Jacques R. Kilchoër
x8816 Received on Thu May 31 2001 - 13:16:20 CDT