RE: Error Message - Database is Already Up

From: Gene Sais <Gsais_at_co.palm-beach.fl.us>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 04:35:23 -0700

I always use a shutdown abort to clean up oracle sga files and processes.

>>> VIVEK_SHARMA_at_infy.com 05/29/01 04:10AM >>> Unal

NOTE - sgadef$ORACLE_SID.dbf Files Existed in $ORACLE_HOME/dbs Dir

Upon Receipt of This Error "Database is Already Up . Shut it Down First" we MOVED the sgadef$ORACLE_SID.dbf Files to a Temporary SUB-Dir under $ORACLE_HOME/dbs Dir

Upon RE-Initiating the Oracle Installation We Still GOT The SAME Error

SOLUTION - The sgadef$ORACLE_SID.dbf Files Should NOT Exist Under $ORACLE_HOME/dbs Dir NOR in Any SUB-Dir Under the SAME.

Thanks Again so Much Unal , List

Author: VIVEK_SHARMA
  INET: VIVEK_SHARMA_at_infy.com

Author: Gene Sais