RE: [OT] Jobs in UK

From: Hallas, John <HallasJ_at_logicae.com>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 01:09:26 -0700

FOR YOUR INFORMATION ESIS and EPFAL are now part of Logica. The Internet email addresses of the staff has changed to the following - lastnameinitial_at_logica.com eg SMITHK_at_logica.com. Emails using the old format will continue to be delivered until 30th June 2001.

I suppose it depends what top means and how many days you want to work. I am sure it is possible to earn £1000/day as an Oracle Consultant but that will be for only 1 or 2 days work at a site and there are not many sites prepared to offer that sort of rate. Also Edingburgh or Scotland in general does not pay as much for Oracle DBA skills as you can earn in London (although it is a lot nicer place in my opinion).

Currently there is a bit of a mini recession in the contracting market and jobs are at a premium (I know because I am looking at the moment). . General rates for a good (3-5 years experience 7-8I etc) are between £45-55 / hour with maybe £60 in London. (pounds not dollars, in case the symbol does not translate in the mail system).

John

John Hallas

Author: Hallas, John
  INET: HallasJ_at_logicae.com