Re: Maximo

From: Charlie Mengler <charliem_at_mwh.com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 12:17:38 -0700

In my experience MTS was (I've stopped using it) 4 - 6 TIMES slower than using a dedicated connection. This was consistently measured during our "nightwork batch processing" over multiple nights over multiple weeks. Using MTS, one stream was taking 4 - 6 hours to complete. Whenever we ran it via a dedicated connection the run times shrunk to right around 1 HOUR!

At the time I had 32 servers and only 1 - 4 single threaded job streams running against the instance.

FWIW - Solaris V2.6 & Oracle V7.3.4.5

dgoulet_at_vicr.com wrote:

> James,
>
> In general I notice that MTS can slow things down IF there are not enough
> shared servers running so that at least one server is constantly idle.
>
> Dick Goulet

> Author: "James Xing" <james.xing_at_merc-tech-grp.com>
> Date: 5/24/2001 9:36 AM
>
> RE: MaximoThanks Chris,
> Did you turn on MTS on your production server? Is that recommended?
> In our environment, the system was fine on dev server which is not using
> MTS, another DBA who is in charge of production server turned MTS on and
> found the performance is 4 times slower.
>
> James

Charlie Mengler               Maintenance Warehouse
charliem_at_mwh.com              10641 Scripps Summit Ct
858-831-2229                  San Diego, CA 92131
The future is here. It is just not evenly distributed.
Author: Charlie Mengler
  INET: charliem_at_mwh.com