RE: Listener.log....writing to renamed file

From: Hallas, John <HallasJ_at_logicae.com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 09:56:37 -0700

FOR YOUR INFORMATION ESIS and EPFAL are now part of Logica. The Internet email addresses of the staff has changed to the following - lastnameinitial_at_logica.com eg SMITHK_at_logica.com. Emails using the old format will continue to be delivered until 30th June 2001.

Try the following which is a slightly amended version of a script that was mentioned on here several weeks ago (I am sorry I forget who contributed it)

# Script to copy out listener.log and compress it.
ORACLE_BASE=/u01/app/oracle
export ORACLE_BASE
ORACLE_HOME=$ORACLE_BASE/product/8.1.6
export ORACLE_HOME

PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin

export PATH

COMPRESSED_FILE=/u01/app/oracle/product/8.1.6/network/log/listener`date +%Y%m%d%H%M`.log

lsnrctl set log_file /u01/app/oracle/product/8.1.6/network/log/listener2.log
mv /u01/app/oracle/product/8.1.6/network/log/listener.log $COMPRESSED_FILE
mv /u01/app/oracle/product/8.1.6/network/log/listener2.log
/u01/app/oracle/product/8.1.6/network/log/listener.log lsnrctl set log_file /u01/app/oracle/product/8.1.6/network/log/listener.log compress $COMPRESSED_FILE
#
# now remove all compressed listener logs older than 10 days
#

find /u01/app/oracle/product/8.1.6/network/log/list*.Z -mtime +10 -print -exec rm {} \;

John Hallas

                Author: Tirumala, Surendra
                  INET: Surendra.Tirumala_at_am.sony.com

                Fat City Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858)
538-5051
                San Diego, California        -- Public Internet access /
Mailing Lists

You may
                also send the HELP command for other information (like
subscribing).

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it, are confidential to Logica and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.

Author: Hallas, John
  INET: HallasJ_at_logicae.com