RE: Another Database Down

From: Robertson Lee - lerobe <lerobe_at_acxiom.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 01:09:19 -0700

Have
you tried removing/moving the lk<ORACLE_SID> file in the $ORACLE_HOME/dbs directory ??
<SPAN

class=421544407-24052001>
<SPAN

class=421544407-24052001>Lee

  <FONT
  size=2><FONT color=#0000ff
  face=Arial>
  <FONT
  size=2> -----Original
  Message-----From: Burton, Laura L.
  [mailto:BurtonL_at_prismplus.com]Sent: 24 May 2001 00:27To:   Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-LSubject: Another Database   Down
  Well, I think the time for jubilation has been   short-lived for me.  The production database was recovered successfully   due to archiving and luck.  I also have a small, inhouse, remedy (help   desk) database that I haven't done anything with and now recovery is necessary   for it as well.  The bad news is I wasn't archiving, and although I do   have a physical backup, the database was not down.   I restored the datafiles, control files, and redo   logs so that everything would be for the same time, but when I try to open the   database I get the error "cannot mount database in exclusive mode."  The   error states that an instance already has it open in exclusive or parallel   mode.  I am assuming this is because the database was not closed when the   backup was executed.
  I have tried a few things to 'trick' it, but I   guess my magic tricks are not good enough to fool the crowd.  I am   already bracing myself for what I will probably read in response to this...but   I am hopeful that someone will find that rabbit in the hat.   Thank you in advance, <FONT face=Arial   size=2>Laura

The information contained in this communication is confidential, is intended only for the use of the recipient named above, and may be legally privileged. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please re-send this communication to the sender and delete the original message or any copy of it from your computer system. Received on Thu May 24 2001 - 03:09:19 CDT