RE: ADMIN: 2nd Beta of web-based ODTUG archives now available

From: Jacques Kilchoer <Jacques.Kilchoer_at_quest.com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 17:51:43 -0700

This is much appreciated Mr. Bergman. ¡Muchas Gracias! I am all the more grateful since (I presume) you are doing this without financial renumeration. I take my chapeau off to you.

But this raises an issue that has caused me no small degree of embarassment. I was mortified to see, after looking up some of my postings to the list (egotism strikes again) that my messages show up with the header:

"This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible."

I (like probably many others on the list) use Microsoft® Outlook® 2000 SR-1 at work for e-mail. My default mail format is HTML, but everytime I send a message to the list, I scrupulously go the Format menu and change the mail format for this message to Plain Text. Why would my messages be flagged as "MIME format"? What should I do about it? Does everyone see the "MIME format" warning on the e-mails I send out? Received on Fri May 18 2001 - 19:51:43 CDT