File size problem.

From: Manivannan.M <manivannan.m_at_tatainfotech.com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 02:41:16 -0700

Hi DBAs,

   We are creating a oracle 7.3.4 database on a sun machine with solaris 8 installed on it.The problem is that when we try to create a file thru the oracle then it does not allow us to crewate files bigger than 2000M size.whereas when we do it thru the OS it does create bigfiles

created file thru the OS:

Now when we do a mkfile -v 3000M testfile it does create a big file of the required size.But then when i try to create a datafile thru oracle then it gives an error:

creating file thru the oracle:

SVRMGR> create tablespace testb datafile '/db1/dbf/test01.dbf' size 3000M; create tablespace testb datafile '/db1/dbf/test01.dbf' size 3000M *
ORA-01119: error in creating database file '/db1/dbf/test01.dbf' ORA-07358: sfccf: write error, unable to write to file. SVR4 Error: 2: No such file or directory

what cud be the reason behind this...
are there any OS specific parameters that need to be modified or could there be some problem with the installation???

please reply ASAP

thanks in advance,
Jothish

Author: Manivannan.M
  INET: manivannan.m_at_tatainfotech.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri May 18 2001 - 04:41:16 CDT