RE: Duplicate DB to different host using RMAN/Veritas Netbackup .

From: Vadim Gorbounov <vgorbounov_at_simplyengineering.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 08:57:49 -0700

        Hi, Babu,

        Please, check if you have the following steps done: 1. NetBackup SERVER side: create permission files to allow alternate client restore:
File <NETBACKUP PATH>/db/altnames/<restore client name> should contain primary backup client name
2. NetBackup CLIENT side:
 a/ set UNIX env variable NB_ORA_CLIENT=<backup client>; export NB_ORA_CLIENT,
 b/ set ORACLE_SID to original DB SID
3. restore infrastructure (like appropriate directories, UNIX permissions, init.ora) should be ready.

HTH
Vadim Gorbounov
Brainbench Master Oracle DBA
www.brainbench.com

Author: Janardhana Babu
  INET: jbdonga_at_ucdavis.edu

Author: Vadim Gorbounov
  INET: vgorbounov_at_simplyengineering.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon May 14 2001 - 10:57:49 CDT