RE: Password with special character

From: Jacques Kilchoer <Jacques.Kilchoer_at_quest.com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 13:27:34 -0700

Two things:
a) the "&" is a special character for SQL*Plus, used for string substitution. b) Passwords, like database object names, must be surrounded by double quotes when they contain "special" characters.

e.g.

SQL> -- turn off "&" substitution
SQL> set define off
SQL> -- surround password by " for special char.
SQL> alter user jrk identified by "bear&12#$" ;

User altered.

Jacques R. Kilchoer
(949) 754-8816
Quest Software, Inc.