RE: When to go for ORACLE NAMES Server

From: Adams, Matthew (GEA, 088130) <MATT.ADAMS_at_APPL.GE.COM>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 13:09:21 -0700

There is one thing to be aware of.  In a very large environment, (which you may or may not have) you don't always want everyone to be able to connect to everywhere.  By using tnsnames.ora files, we can control which clients are allowed to connect to which servers (yes, the same thing can be accomplished using the protocol.ora file, but we prefer it this way).

ymmv -blah blah blah

R. Matt Adams  - GE Appliances - matt.adams_at_appl.ge.com   Meddle not in the affairs of troff,
  for it is subtle and quick to anger.