Re: desc SQL*PLUS

From: Stephen Andert <StephenAndert_at_firsthealth.com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 11:54:52 -0700

We had a similar thing when we upgraded OS last weekend. Re-linking sqlplus from the correct (i.e. new) ORACLE_HOME resolved our problem.

HTH
Stephen

>>> siqbal_at_vianetworks.co.uk 05/11/01 01:35AM >>>
Hello DBA's

I have recently upgraded from 8.1.6.0 to 8.1.6.3.

I seem to be having a weird problem in sql*plus, in that whenever I do a describe on a table it comes up with the following error :-

SQL> desc emp;
ERROR:
ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel

I can run select statements without any problems !

TIA Sajid Iqbal

Author: Sajid Iqbal
  INET: siqbal_at_vianetworks.co.uk

Author: Stephen Andert