RE: RE: Silver vs. Gold support

From: Boivin, Patrice J <BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 10:47:02 -0700

I am confused now, I thought Oracle was "rolling up" the support costs into the license cost calculations now that they discontinued the Bronze, Silver, Gold support options.

This is like income tax forms! Why can't they just create an income tax form that is only half a page long! I can't believe that politicians never promise this during election campaigns, you would think that would be a sure ticket to being elected.

Likewise with Oracle, and other vendors - why complicate things needlessly? Life is bad enough as it is, why try to mess things up for other people even more.

Regards,
Patrice Boivin
Systems Analyst (Oracle Certified DBA)

Systems Admin & Operations | Admin. et Exploit. des systèmes
Technology Services        | Services technologiques
Informatics Branch         | Direction de l'informatique
Maritimes Region, DFO      | Région des Maritimes, MPO

        Author: Rachel Carmichael
          INET: carmichr_at_hotmail.com

Author: Boivin, Patrice J
  INET: BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca