RE: Drop schema and all related objects

From: Jacques Kilchoer <Jacques.Kilchoer_at_quest.com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 10:01:51 -0700

In My Humble Opinion, connecting as sys or system should be reserved for tasks that cannot be accomplished through another user.

Instead, you could connect as any user that has DBA role (or the appropriate privileges) and then issue the drop statement.

Also, it can often prove useful later to first do an export of the user and all the objects owned by that user, BEFORE doing the drop user cascade.

Jacques R. Kilchoer
(949) 754-8816
Quest Software, Inc.
8001 Irvine Center Drive