Ora - 4091 error while trying to insert a record into a table

From: Ranganath K <ranganathk_at_subexgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 01:37:34 -0700

Dear DBA Gurus,

        I have Table A and Table B whose structures are almost similar except Table B has a date-time field column. Whenever I insert a new record into Table A I want to insert the same record into the Table B along with the date-time stamp at which the new record is inserted into Table A. For achieving this I wrote an after insert trigger on Table A for each row. The trigger got created successfully. But whenever I try to insert a new record into Table A I get the Ora - 4091, mutating table error. How do I achieve this without any errors? Any workarounds?

        Any help in this regard will be greatly appreciated.

TIA and Warm Regards,

Ranganath

Author: Ranganath K
  INET: ranganathk_at_subexgroup.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri May 11 2001 - 03:37:34 CDT