RE: Cool way to crash an Oracle database, any time, any place

From: Deshpande, Kirti <kirti.deshpande_at_verizon.com>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2001 12:16:36 -0700

We had one DBA who did chown -R oracle * followed by chmod -R u+x,g+x * while at / as root !!
That pissed of everyone not just the SAs. It took several days (almost a rebuilt of the server) to recover. Who to blame? The supid prompt for not having a # and id when su-ed to root.

Author: Deshpande, Kirti
  INET: kirti.deshpande_at_verizon.com