RE: Oracle books

From: Matthew M. Teixeira <mteixei1_at_twcny.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2001 20:46:22 -0700

Just to throw in my 2 cents (and you owe me a penny back), some good references that I have read include:

        Practical Oracle8i - Jonathan Lewis
        Great look at the features of Oracle 8i from high up: not an
incredibly technical book but a refreshing read
        Oracle Performance Tuning Tips & Techniques - Niemiec
        Excellent for tuning suggestions

        Oracle 8i Complete Reference
        If you write any SQL or PL/SQL procedures, you want this book on
your desk

Books I have on my desk to read that we're reviewed positively on Amazon:

        Oracle8i Administration & Management - Ault
        Oracle SQL High Performance Tuning - Harrison

Books I have yet to get that I understand are excellent:

        Oracle8i DBA Tips & Techniques

And a book to stay away from:

        Oracle DBA Handbook
        I have it on my desk and very rarely have I found an answer to
my      question in that book

Hope that helps a little bit....

Matthew M. Teixeira
mteixei1_at_twcny.rr.com

Author: Keith Myers
  INET: kmyers2_at_bgnet.bgsu.edu

  INET: Ed.Haskins_at_VerizonWireless.com

Author: Matthew M. Teixeira
  INET: mteixei1_at_twcny.rr.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue May 08 2001 - 22:46:22 CDT