RE: Quest: I/Watch and Spotlight

From: Mark Leith <mark_at_cool-tools.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 09:31:19 +0100

Why don't you take a look at Bradmark's tools, they have a tool called the Enterprise Monitoring Module (EMM), which gives you the functionality of both Foglight and Spotlight combined, as it lets you watch the graphs on screen, whilst also providing background monitoring and alerting mechanisms.

For those that don't know, spotlight is a diagnostics tool (turn it on and watch the pretty screen), and Foglight is a background monitoring, alerting tool. Very good tools I can't deny, but slightly costly. I'm based over in the UK, and last I heard, Spotlight & Foglight would cost you around £18k single server.. Maybe not all _That_ bad, but you can pick EMM up from Bradmark for around £5k per server!!

If you are worried about costs, go with Bradmark, I worked with them for 2.5 years, and support, customer service etc. is Bradmarks hot spot. And the tools of course:) If you have any detailed questions, let me know, and I can point you in the direction of somebody to talk to.

HTH Mark

Author: Kristen Cameron
  INET: cameronkgd_at_inac.gc.ca