Re: _disable_logging when IMP

From: K Gopalakrishnan <kaygopal_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 13:49:28 +0100

Hi Rahul !

What major thing you want to happen ? :)

If the instance crashes during '_disable_logging' set then it is simply useless... Why don't you try this ?

Set _disable_logging= true
run the import
do a shutdown abort

then try to restart the database. You will be greeted with ora-600. This parameter is really dangerous ....should be NEVER set in the production database..

I have not tested the behavior in 8.1 though :))

Regards,
K Gopalakrishnan,
Bangalore, INDIA.