RE: Latch Free Problem - Need Help

From: Diana Duncan <Diana_at_fileFRENZY.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 14:51:48 -0400

This may not help, but have you tried replacing "AND ((IW_WK_CAT_STORE_SALES_T.PERIOD_KEY > :b1 OR IW_WK_CAT_STORE_SALES_T.PERIOD_KEY = :b1 ) AND (IW_WK_CAT_STORE_SALES_T.PERIOD_KEY < :b3 OR IW_WK_CAT_STORE_SALES_T.PERIOD_KEY
= :b3 ))"

with "AND IW_WK_CAT_STORE_SALES_T.PERIOD_KEY BETWEEN :b1 AND :b3"

I replaced your table names with ones that seem to work in my system, and using the between gave me an explain plan that used the indices. The original query produced full table scans for me as well.

HTH, Diana

Author: Sandy Druar
  INET: sdruar_at_eckerd.com