RE: sort segment request wait (was: bstat/estat)

From: Steve Adams <steve.adams_at_ixora.com.au>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 00:20:08 +1000

Hi Ruth,

This is a fairly unusual situation. You are hardly using any CPU (a bit more than 1 second over five and a half minutes)

    CPU used by this session 117

but you've spent 5 and a half minutes waiting on a 'sort segment request'

    sort segment request 32645

That means that SMON is not processing the sort segment request at all. Also, there is no 'smon timer' wait in the background waits section which means that SMON is working full time on something else that it regards as very important. Incidentally, I notice that you are not using recovery parallelism ...

@ Regards,
@ Steve Adams
@ http://www.ixora.com.au/
@ http://www.christianity.net.au/