RE: Can't get dbms_profiler to work

From: Leng Kaing <leng.kaing_at_hancorp.com.au>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 11:27:16 +1100

Hi Chris,

Thanks for trying. But I've also tried to compile the 8.1.6 packages against 8.1.5 and it doesn't work. After many emails back and forth, Oracle support has finally provided with the right files. I've finally got the profiler to work in both 8.1.6 and 8.1.5. Yes!

Thanks anyhow.

Leng.

Leng M Kaing
Email: leng.kaing_at_hancorp.com.au
Tel: 9843-8440
Fax: 9843-8590

From: cjgait_at_earthlink.net [mailto:cjgait_at_earthlink.net] Sent: Thursday, 24 August 2000 13:12
To: Leng Kaing
Subject: RE: Can't get dbms_profiler to work

Sorry, I actually meant to type technet in my message, but I just went over there myself and didn't find any trace of them on an initial search.

I did, however, find one of the two files on my NT laptop (with 8.1.6 loaded), so I've attached that.

Let me know if this doesn't work without having both the scripts. I'm not sure what the other one does.

By the way, Oracle is on a campaign to move everything to the Web, so if actually you logged a telephone call TAR instead of a Metalink iTar you'll get slower/less quality support. Yes, I know Metalink is a bug-infested horror at this point, but if it gives you problems, make sure to file a feedback complaint detailing problems so the Oracle Metalink group can fix it.

Also, you're paying for support. If the support tech tells you to get scripts from a non-existent NT box please explain the situation to him/her again and stress that you need to get this script in order to get your job done. You should be able to get this script from support on principle. Even if I give you a copy that doesn't mean it is the one checked by support on that TAR as the precisely correct version for your setup (though I don't that's an issue here). You can add this information on the online copy of your TAR.

Regards,
Chris Gait