Temporary segment left over after failed distributed transaction?

From: Liu, Junxian <Junxian.Liu_at_scottishpower.plc.uk>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 16:49:56 +0100

Hi,

This is 7.3.4 on Sun Solaris platform.

We noticed that some temporary segments belonging to SYS have been left over. We suspect this happened after some distributed transactions have failed (but rolled back OK and no entries in DBA_2PC_PENDING nor in DBA_2PC_NEIGHBORS). One such case is the failure of CREATE TABLE A AS (SELECT * FROM A_at_REMOTE) due to space problem.

Does anyone know how to clear out these temporary segments? Better still does anyone know how to avoid this happening again (apart from make sure no more space problem)?

Thanks in advance! Received on Thu Aug 17 2000 - 10:49:56 CDT