Can Oracle and MSSQL 7.0 Coexist together on the same box

From: Shaw, Donald <dshaw_at_acsalaska.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 08:21:04 -0800

Hello,

Management in an effort to save a few bucks would like to consolidate on the number database and application servers. We currently license both mssql 6.5 & 7.0 and Oracle 7.3.4 & 8.1.X floating around. We would be looking to consolidating mssql 7.0 and Oracle 7.3.4 on a high-end development box for 10 or so developers. Disk space, memory, or processing power isn't an issue. Can anyone provide me with any gotchas in this configuration?

thanks,

Donnie Shaw
Alaska Communications Systems, Inc
Database Administrator
(907) 564-1334 Received on Tue Aug 15 2000 - 11:21:04 CDT